How is the public notified?
North Wasco County school district will announce delays/closures will be published as below:
- Delay and/or closure information will be posted on the District’s main website page and on each school’s main website page. https://nwasco.edlioschool.com/
- Flashalert will be notified (TV banners - we are listed as North Wasco County Schools).
- The Communications Director will send out a district wide ParentSquare message to families.
- An email will be sent out to all district staff from the District Office.
- Information will be posted on the District’s Facebook
- Information will be sent for announcement on local radio stations (KACI, KODL, KYYT, KZAS (Radio Tierra) and KIHR).
- Communication will be sent to: school board members, law enforcement agencies, Columbia Gorge ESD, CG Community College, Headstart, Dufur SD, St. Mary’s Academy, Mosier Community School, and District 21 Emergency Contact List.
- Voicemail messages on school building office phones will be switched by the IT Dept. to reflect the delay or closure. Messages will be in both English and Spanish.