North Wasco County School District has in Board Policy (KL/GBM & KL/GBM-AR) Complaint procedures for members of the public, parents, staff and students to make their concerns known and to afford the district an opportunity to review those concerns and respond to them.
Complaints will be referred through the proper administrative channels for solution before investigation or action by the Board. In workings towards resolution at the lowest possible level, the Board advises the public that the proper channeling of complaints involving instruction, discipline, learning materials, district program(s) or facilities is in the following order:
- Subject of complaint
- Principal / Administrator
- Superintendent or designee
- Complaints about staff members should try to resolve the concern with the employee involved first. If the problem or concern cannot be resolved, then a written complaint should be filed with the Building Principal or Dept Director. If the Building Principal or Dept Director cannot resolve the complaint, then a written complaint may be filed with the superintendent. (See link to download form below)
- Complaints about Board policy or administrative regulations, Building Principals or Directors should be referred directly to the superintendent.
- Complaints about the superintendent, the Board as a whole or against an individual Board member should be made to the Board Chair on behalf of the Board.
- Complaints against the Board Chair may be made directly to the Board Vice Chair on behalf of the Board.
To review the complete Board Policy (KL/GBM - Complaints) - please click here.
To download and print out the Complaint Procedure (steps and form - KL/GBM-AR) - please click here.
Please return the completed Complaint form to the NWCSD District Office, 3632 West 10th Street, The Dalles, Oregon 97058 or email to Cindy Miller (email@example.com).