It's a Virtual Picture Day.
Take control of your school photo! No more blah blah blue background or your chin a little lower. Those pictures never look like you. Instead take a selfie. Take a hundred selfies until you find the right one. The one that says 'yes.'
Click here to take a selfie for the yearbook. Enter your Student ID#. Photos must be taken live - so use your phone.
One tradition of high school is publishing your Senior Photo in the yearbook instead of the school photo. To make this an easy process, please follow these steps.
Choose a headshot. Make sure your face is clearly seen. Photographs including the whole body don't work well in this context. All photos will be resized to 1.5” x 2”. Cropping may happen, as long as it doesn’t interfere with the quality of the photograph.
Submit your photograph. Digital copies of your photograph may be emailed to email@example.com or uploaded through yearbooksforever.com
Choose a Quote. All quotes must be cited. If there is no attribution (who said it), the quote WILL NOT be published. Personal quotes may be submitted; however, please indicate you are the speaker. Additionally, all quotes will be vetted for accuracy and suitability. We reserve the right to not publish your quote. Remember the yearbook is a lasting documentation. This quote will endure; choose something that appropriately reflects YOU.
Be Timely. Both photographs and quote must be submitted by March 31, 2021. Any photographs and/or quotes submitted after that date will be charged a $10 processing fee.
How Can I Purchase a Yearbook? There are two ways you can purchase a yearbook:
- online through yearbooksforever.com $55 + processing fees with add-on options like name stamping and home delivery. Click the link to the left.
- In-person at the school. $55. (no processing fees, no add-on options)
- Office hours for making payments: Mon, Wed, Fri 8-3:30; T and Th 12-3:30
- Cash, check, credit/debit card accepted
- Can pay for all fees at once
- Book must be picked up in person in the Fall 2021
Where Can I Upload Photos?
One huge struggle this year is getting quality photos of students. It is hard when they aren’t physically in the building. You can help by sharing your photos. While I can’t guarantee every photo shared will end up in the yearbook. It is a guarantee that I can’t include it if it isn’t shared with me.
Upload photos through yearbooksforever.com
- Type in “The Dalles High School” to enter the school store
- Click on “Community Uploads” at the top of the screen
- Use the code: Riverhawks to connect your photos to our book
If it is easier for you, you could also simply email the photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I Upload My Own "School Photo?"
In years past we have used the school photo from companies like LifeTouch in the yearbook. While LifeTouch is still on the calendar for TDHS, I would like to offer students the opportunity to upload their own selfie to be printed in the yearbook instead of the traditional school photo. This can be done by clicking the link at the top of the page under "Virtual Picture Day." Students should access this link while on their phone as photos are taken live. Students will need to enter a student ID# as issued from the school. If you would like to upload a picture taken previously, please use yearbooksforever.com or email it to email@example.com
I have/I am a graduating SENIOR where can I send my photos?
Printing a full color photo of the graduating class is a tradition that has lasted for generations. There is no reason to stop it now. Before submitting, make sure you have the rights to the photograph. This is given to you by the photographer. Make sure you have permission to use the photograph. Also, make sure you have downloaded the photograph onto your hard-drive or flash-drive for ease of access. There are two ways you can share the photograph with me.
- Go to yearbooksforever.com, search for “The Dalles High School” Click on Community Upload and use code “Riverhawks” Once you have uploaded the photograph, click the button “This is a Portrait” and add the relevant information.
- Alternatively you can email the photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the full name of the graduating senior as the subject or in the body of the text.