There's a very strong correlation between good attendance and success in school. On the other hand, students who regularly miss school are also more likely to struggle in school.
If your student is ill and/or has a valid excuse for the absence, please contact Dona Jacob at 541-506-3449 ext. 2009 or send an email to:
the morning of the absence. If no call and/or message is received within 24 hours of the absence, the attendance must be recorded as un-excused.
Acceptable excuses as set forth by the Oregon State Department of Education are:
- Illness - student is ill and unable to attend
- Illness of family member - family needs student's help at home, etc.
- Family emergency
- School absence - field trips, prior permission to miss one class for another, group or counseling sessions, athletics, etc.
- Religious holiday
- Mental health related needs
- Pre-arranged - This is ANYTHING pre-arranged where the student will be missing the entire school day. For example, medical anddental appointments,vacations, etc. The student will pick up an advance absence request from the attendance office which requires teacher's signatures.
A student who has been absent for any reason is encouraged to make up any assignments given by the teacher. Parents should contact the attendance office to request homework assignments for students who will be absent for two or more days.
If your student must leave school during the day, a written note or call from the parent to the attendance office is required. Please indicate the date and time of release.
If a student becomes ill at school, they will be sent to the attendance office. A determination of illness will be made and a call from staff to parents will initiate the release of the student.
Students in the halls after class begins are considered TARDY and need to stop at the attendance office for an admit slip. If a student arrives to class between one and 10 minutes late, they will be considered tardy. If the student brings in a note from parent and/or phone or e-mail message from parent with valid excuse, they will receive an excused note to class. Students that are more than 10 minutes late to class, must report to the main office to be admitted to class.
Students with excessive un-excused tardies will be assigned to serve detention after school by the administration. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate the detention day and time to the parent.