North Wasco County School District is currently planning for the 2020-2021 school year. We will continue to post updated information as it become available, as well as North Wasco's draft school blueprints or plans in early August. We are grateful for your patience and support during this difficult time and will continue to collaborate and resolve challenges and find solutions together. Please continue to check back!
Operational Blueprints: The Oregon Department of Education has required that all public school districts, private schools and state sponsored charters are required to make Operational Blueprint(s) for all of their schools available on their website.
Please find below Operational Blueprints for all schools in North Wasco County School District (please note: Blueprints may be revised as additional guidance is announced)
Criteria for In-Person Instruction - Following the Metrics (ODE & OHA guidance): click here
Oregon Covid-19 County Case Rates & Test Positivity (OHA website link): click here
Wahtonka Community School (Riverbend Community School) - ENGLISH // SPANISH
NORCOR - ENGLISH
- Letter to Parents of Wasco County Students from Superintendent Peters (November 20th, 2020)
- Letter to Parents of Wasco County Students from Superintendent Peters (November 4th, 2020)
- Letter to Parents of North Wasco County Students from Superintendent Peters (October 8th, 2020)
- Letter to Parents of North Wasco County Students from Superintendent Peters (August 6th, 2020)
Oregon Department of Education Information:
- Ready Schools, Safe Learners Guidance for Schools (version 4.0.0)
⇒ ** Companion guidance ** click here
⇒ A Message from ODE Director Colt Gill on Ready Schools, Safe Learners - click here
- Frequently Asked Questions (Planning for the 2020-2021 school year)
- What is Comprehensive Distance Learning?
- For the 2020-21 school year, schools that select a Comprehensive Distance Learning instructional model must meet criteria that ODE published June 30, 2020. The approach will continue to center around the core values of care, connection, and continuity of learning. However, unlike Distance Learning for All, which was a response to emergency school closure, a comprehensive approach must guarantee the opportunity to learn for each student while prioritizing students' social, emotional, and mental health needs.
- What is the School Year Operational Blueprint?
- All public school districts, private schools, and state sponsored charters are required to make Operational Blueprint(s) for all of their schools available on their website no later than August 17th, 2020. North Wasco County Schools will post these blueprints in early August with an opportunity to complete a feedback survey. Please check back!
- Mental Health and Social Support for Students and Families
- North Wasco County School District and the Oregon Department of Education is committed to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of Oregon students and their families. Please click on the link below to be redirected to several resources offered in the spirit of partnering with you and your family to maintain safety, good health, care and connection.